Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Excessive force much?

I'm not sure what this guy said or did to these security guards at Chinook Mall, but based on their reaction, it must have been pretty bad. Oh wait, he was sitting on a broken escalator - but that can't be it! I also heard he talked back to them - hmm, that doesn't sound right either. He does have some neck tattoos - nope, still doesn't explain it. Whatever he did, did it actually warrant having 5 security guards at one point holding him down? Did what he said deserve getting punched repeatedly while he was being held down? Did what he said to them mean he should have cuts and bruises? I'm not sure it did...

Now, I will admit that I haven't heard all sides of the story, and if this man was physically threatening or harmful in some way, I will take back my comments, but based on what the victim and eye-witness said and what I saw on the YouTube video, a few people were wrong here, and it doesn't seem like the victim was one of them. Thankfully, this ridiculous, excessive behaviour has caused at least one security guard to lose his job, and Chinook Mall and the Police are investigating the altercation further, so at least there's that...I think.

Take a look at the video and judge for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment